Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Beginning!

Hello! Today is the day that I FINALLY decided to sit down and start posting to my blog. My intentions for this blog is to obviously keep all of our friends and family updated on what is going on in the world of the Ostwalts. The birth of Charlotte, our first child, is obviously the catalyst..(as much as I would like to think you all would be interested in a blog just about Matt and I, I know looking at baby pictures is WAY more interesting and fun!). Hopefully you can bookmark this page and keep tabs on what is going on in our lives and watch Miss Charlotte grow....and know what Matt and I are up to as well.

I titled the name of our blog, "The Ostwalt's Front Porch", simply because our front porch is the doorway into our lives. Matt and I love to sit on our front porch and enjoy the day, friends and family, good weather, and just watch people go by...and living in Asheville lends itself to some very interesting people watching! Matt actually thought of the name, so I cannot take full credit, but I thought it was a perfect name for a blog about our family- which is a way that we can have each of you come sit on our front porch (figuratively speaking) and catch up on our lives. Of course, if you want to come sit on our actual front porch and catch up, we welcome visitors anytime!




So my first post is about 1 month late. Today, June 1st, is actually the day she turns one month old.....I had hoped to get this blog started a little earlier, but obviously I have been a little busy! SO my goal is to back date some posts so everyone can get the full story of her life over the past month. Luckily, I have written dates down and taken lots of pictures, so this should not be too diffucult. My disclaimer for this blog is that I am going try to post updates as needed. I am not going to focus so much on making sure all of my posts are gramatically correct or even formatted perfectly. Right now, my goal is to just give you updates and I can fine tune everything later on. So don't be surprised if you see some errors!


Here is a picture of our 1st day home from the hospital with our brand new baby girl. How happy we were to be home!


No comments:

Post a Comment